What Is Sedation Dentistry?
Smile Delight Dental Solutions is happy to offer sedation dentistry options to patients to make their visit more comfortable during their visit. With sedation dentistry, you can sit back and relax during your procedure. Sedation dentistry is great for patients with mild to moderate anxiety when visiting the dentist.
Who Can Benefit From Sedation Dentistry?
Many of our patients can benefit from the sedation dentistry options offered at Smile Delight Dental Solutions. If any of these scenarios sound familiar, you might be a great candidate for sedation dentistry.
- Fear or anxiety of dental visits
- Strong gag reflex
- Traditional numbing methods aren’t enough
What Are My Options?
Smile Delight Dental Solutions offers a variety of sedation levels depending on the patient and the procedure. Dr. Skorupko will discuss all of the options with you and help choose the best one.
- Nitrous Oxide – The most mild form of sedation dentistry is commonly referred to as “laughing gas” and is administered by a tube that lays over your nose. This is the fastest and lightest type of sedation and is reversed as soon as the mask is removed.
- Medication – Another option is medication in pill form that you take before coming into the office. This is a great option for patients with moderate anxiety. You may feel drowsy afterwards and will likely need someone to drive you home.
- IV Sedation – The heaviest form of sedation dentistry is IV sedation. This type of sedation is administered through a vein, usually in your arm. This type of sedation will make you drowsy and you may even sleep through the procedure. You will need someone to drive you home afterwards.
Call Smile Delight Dental Solutions Today!
If you are hesitant or nervous about your next dental appointment, don’t hesitate to give us a call and ask about sedation dentistry. Call us at (415) 992-5160 today!